It’s natural to want to know more about the people you meet, so here’s a little bit about me:
- I’m South African but I live in France.
- I love reading, writing and teaching English. I am certain that a combination of all three gives you killer super powers.
- I combine my love for fiction with English language teaching to write language learning literature, also known as graded readers or easy readers, for people learning English or French.
- I’m the founder of The Language Café, an English language school in the French Alps.
- I’m a writer for Go English and English Now language learning magazines. They’re beautiful, interesting and are of a very high quality. They didn’t pay me to write that. I promise.
- I am the South African voice for EnglishWaves radio, the French radio station that speaks English in Paris. Tune in on the Internet, don’t let the Parisians have all the fun.
- I talk a lot, and very quickly.
- I speak three and a half languages: English, French, Zulu and a little bit of Dutch
- I have two teenage sons who insist that I don’t have a real job because I “play all day”.
- I always greet dogs.
- I have a degree in psychology and believe that psychology and language learning are finely intertwined.
- I am an ISFJ Myers-Briggs personality type and believe that both your personality type and your learning style affect your teaching and learning.